Monday, June 29, 2009

You Make a Difference!

Who have you recognized today?

My week started with a fabulous, unexpected note from a friend (and former colleague) complimenting me and my blog. Made my day!

What a perfect reminder that we should not let a day end without letting at least one family member, friend, colleague and/or associate know that what they do matters to us.

I had the chance to visit later in the day with my dear friend who is struggling with a family member who is fighting to stay sober/clean and be a good parent/role model for her three precious, young children. A well-meaning friend of the afflicted wants to know what she can do to help. Given my happy start to my day, I was able to provide the hopefully constructive advice to call the afflicted friend once mid-week and ask her to share what positive things she’s experienced during the week. I think assumptive closes about successes yield positive results.

We all need positive feedback and reinforcement. You never know what positive ripple effects your constructive acknowledgements may yield.

It’s not too late today to let someone know that they make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment