Monday, March 29, 2010

Returned Calls

I get countless calls from strangers.  Too many callers spend valuable voice mail minutes stating their request then speed through their callback number.  I'm more charitable than many of my friends and colleagues.  I try to decipher the number and return the call.  Understandably, for many, these recordings generate an automatic deletion of the message. And, it's irritating and an unfortunate waste of my time to have to replay minutes of a message to interpret speedily delivered numbers.

Anyone can tremendously boost their chances of a returned call by slowly and clearly stating at the beginning and end of the message who you are and how to reach you.  Most importantly, give us a reason that is important to us, rather than you, to return the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment