Friday, September 4, 2009

Black, White and Shades of Gray (silver)

Traveling around Houston, it seemed that the blur of traffic was a sea of black, white and silver/gray vehicles, occasionally dotted with other colors. I thought that I was in a colorized version of a black and white movie, and became curious. The facts supported my casual observation. The Dupont Automative Color Popularity Report shows that 65% of North American cars are black, white and silver/gray. Before I checked the stats yesterday, I started counting red cars at a stoplight at a busy Houston intersection - 14 appeared. Today I only saw 3 at the same intersection. The second observation is surprising, as 13% of our cars are red. We've come a long way since Henry Ford proclaimed that any color was acceptable as long as it was black. But, with a robust palet, we've not statistically chosen to drive a broad rainbow spectrum of car colors. I love my silver car! What car color revs your emotions?

No comments:

Post a Comment