Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stronger Every Day

I've had the good fortune to be healthy, so I've not experienced the daily strengthening accomplishments that one recovering from an illness or surgery might.

My acknowledgement of daily improvements in strength have occurred today and the previous 4 days.  When I first (unintentionally) ran on Saturday, I told my friend that I'd have to walk the rest of the route after the first mile.   When a non-runner unexpectedly runs a mile, it's a cool accomplishment. 

Those who know me well, are not surprised that I followed Saturday's 1 mile run with another on Sunday.  Not surprisingly, Sunday's run was harder without my running buddy setting the pace and providing wonderful conversation to distract from the running task.

Sore muscles prompted me to consult my daughter, who is a long-time runner to decide whether to rest or run on Monday.  I opted to run 1.5 miles.  This good decision led to 2 mile runs Tuesday and today. 

An additional unexpected benefit from this experience is the distinctive realization that I am getting stronger each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment