Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Powerful Pauses

It's a big deal when an action oriented person acknowledges that pauses can be powerful.  

During my morning run, I encountered construction obstacles which would have rerouted my course.  However, the freight train that stops traffic multiple times per day on three of Houston's busiest north/south streets: Westheimer, San Felipe and Richmond provided me safe passage today.  

For most of my adult life, these traffic delays have been an unwelcome nuisance as I'm racing to and fro.  Today, the train that I've always willed to speed through the intersection and allow me to quickly reach my destination, became my safety net to complete a few steps of my morning run on one of these busiest streets.

It was marvelous to be vividly reminded that there are usually at least two valid ways of viewing a situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment