Friday, May 27, 2011

Exceptional Unexpected Impact

I recently had the opportunity to hear and meet New York Times best-selling author Harvey Mackay.  His first wildly successful book is Swim with the Sharks without Being Eaten AliveAs a sponsor for the Houston event he was keynoting, I had the chance to meet him before his presentation and notice and positively comment on his shark tie.  After the event, I waited, not only to have one of his books signed, but to give him what I perceive to be a perfect marketing tool - shark mints (in which I have no financial or other interest).  As my small world connections would have it, his friend (that he was visiting with after our event) and I have known one another for some time, serve together on a community board, and shared a common graduation ceremony later in that week (his grandson and my son).

Yesterday, I was like a kid at Christmas, when I received a personal note from Harvey Mackay with a collection of his special books (yes, I love business books!).

No comments:

Post a Comment