Friday, December 2, 2011

Digitally Connected to Another Generation

I'm convinced that my maternal grandparents' 7 children and 18 grandchildren all thought they were the favorite child of one of these lovely folks.  In my case, it seemed that I was Grandpappy's favorite grandchild.  It was to him that I made the promise as a 9 year old, that my daughter would be named, Julia, in honor and memory of his beloved mother, whom I never knew.  And he did live long enough to know my precious Julia.

Grandpappy loved word search puzzles.  Little did I know that this was a great memory boosting tool.  When I discovered an electronic version of word searches positioned to keep the brain young, I was immediately transported back in time with vivid memories of Grandpappy and his word search books.  Each time I complete a memory boosting puzzle, I'm instantly connected to my dear grandfather. 

A technology he never knew provides a memory enhancing connection to him that I treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment