Thursday, April 12, 2012

Seeing Things Differently

Orange sunglasses are one of the visual indicators that it's a bright new day at DePelchin Children's Center.  For fun, I've been wearing these bright orange sunglasses while running, driving and participating in a Trash Bash weekend.  I thought it would raise awareness that exciting things are happening at DePelchin.  Surprisingly, no one has asked me about my unusual eye wear.  (Perhaps it is because orange is one of spring's hottest colors.)

We sometimes take for granted people or organizations that are always there.  We hope or expect that they will do what we've expected.  It's a "New Day" when we see an old friend in a different context.

My hope is that you will embrace DePelchin's 120 year history of creating brighter futures for children and families through mental health, foster care and adoption services in a "New Way".  We need your time, talent and treasure to continue to turn lives around.

I see things differently each time a new or established family shares their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment