Monday, January 20, 2014

Too Efficient

It's a great feeling to get things done effectively and efficiently.  However, we must sometimes be reminded that life's joys care nothing about efficiency.  This weekend, I'd planned to leave the office in time to meet friends for an early movie.  However, a colleague who'd just started a new job needed some information which would only take me a few minutes to provide.  She got her information, but I missed my movie by 10 minutes.

Since Plan A went awry, I decided to go for a run.  Midway through my trek, I got a call inviting me to dinner.  My initial reaction was to decline because I'd already changed from presentable to sweaty.  Thankfully, I was convinced that there was time to shower, dress and join the festivities.

Though I'd already showered and dressed for work that morning, nothing more than an attitude was preventing me from starting over for a fun outing.   Sometimes starting over late in the day trumps the efficiency of dressed once and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment