Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Accepting Bags of Rocks

Everyone has his or her own bag of rocks.  I love this way of describing all the unseen things that each of us deals with every day.  It's perhaps, just an updated version of the concept of walking a mile in another's moccasins.  We all have our public personas and our private selves.  Regardless of how carefree we are in our public appearances, we are all vulnerable in various ways.

When we consciously try to embrace the possibility that others we encounter are dealing with their bags of rocks, to the best of their abilities, we can be more accepting of small slights or things done differently than our way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally agree!! My motto is, God puts in front of us what we can handle. Its very important to have the faith, becuause God has made me stronger through my struggles!! Never to old to learn something new!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We do tend to learn a lot from our challenges.

    ReplyDelete