Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Trash (Recycling) is Another's Treasure

My family razzes me a bit with my interest in putting unwanted or unneeded items into the hands of others who can use them.  Yes, I've plucked many recyclable items from the wastebasket.  And, I've never regretted, but often rejoiced, at giving items new life at Goodwill and Dress for Success.

My best friend brings her magazines to me. And, after enjoying them, I love passing them on to others.

Perhaps the least expected recyclables are canceled stamps.  Because of my friend's collection, I notice postage on all incoming mail, and have alerted others to save and share these oft overlooked delivery tickets.
And, this makes me far more aware of  the array of postage options.

Many of us are incredibly blessed.   A double blessing inures when we share our bounty.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Your trash can be a treasure to another, if you think that it can still be profitable. It's so admire that you have great interest in doing that. You are not only giving new life to things that can be thrown away, you are also giving joy and help to the people who need them more. You are truly an inspiration. Thanks for sharing that, Pamela! Kudos and all the best to you!

    Clarence Rios @ Bins By Jo Ltd.

    ReplyDelete