Monday, March 3, 2014

Minutes Matter

We all squander minutes.  Often, we aren't immediately accountable for wasted moments.  However, we become grateful for well-spent moments when we encounter unexpected situations.

My parents and I enjoyed a lovely weekend together!  Travel logistics require a 90 mile trek to the airport, and since threatening weather was imminent, we planned accordingly. Thus, I experienced something I've never encountered - no one was in the airport security line before or after me.  This was especially surprising as my flight was clearing standby passengers. So, a moment earlier or later, and I might not yet have  experienced the joy of being TSA's only expectant passenger.  

My flight was expected to be temporarily delayed, but took off on time.  My anticipated minutes waiting were minimized. However, another passenger got the delay announcement, but didn't receive the back-on-time communique.  She was moments away from missing the flight.

 Fortunately, Mama and Daddy made it home moments before the icing conditions curtailed safe travel. And, an accident that had created huge traffic delays on my route from the airport cleared 10 minutes before I arrived.

We are told to seize the moment.  Realizing the consequences of missed moments increases our chances of  actually seizing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment