Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Underselling

So many people exaggerate - intentionally or unintentionally.  Many of us are taught from toddler-hood to be polite and respectful.  In following our lifelong teachings, we sometimes overplay just how comparatively good something is to normal, average or everyday.  It's rarer that we are undersold on the attributes of an item or experience.  Though they were afraid they had oversold Crystal Bridges Art Museum, my wonderful parents, despite their best attempts at a fair, but incredibly positive review, had actually undersold this phenomenal venue.  

Though I knew I would love it, I was blown away, because it was far better than I'd imagined.

Exaggeration may be good for egos - ours and others, but underselling (when a sale is made) has the opportunity to create remarkable experiences and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment