Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Doing the Impossible

When the task/goal/project we are tackling seems overwhelming, it's easy to delay/avoid/procrastinate.  Unfortunately, if it's something that needs/must be done, we are creating daily stress for ourselves each day we fail to address it.

The only way I know to do the seemingly impossible is - one step at a time.

Even if we call in reinforcements, at any stage, we're already x steps closer to completion, once we've started.  And for many of us, just getting started is the hardest part.

I tackled a seemingly impossible project recently.  Fortunately, I didn't actually know how large, and growing the tasks were when I began.  Getting started had its own rewards.  And, it since it involved manual labor, I could visually relish each portion completed.  Since I gave myself the option to call in reinforcements at any stage, and my timeline for doing the seemingly impossible was fluid, I remained motivated to finish.  Another silent success relished!

When we tackle the seemingly impossible we need to:

  • start
  • give ourselves options
  • celebrate each interim achievement
  • continue or call in reinforcements

No comments:

Post a Comment