Thursday, August 19, 2010

1 in 500

At a small Sterling Bank luncheon yesterday, I was visiting with a young banker and his guest, who is his good friend.  When I asked how they met, they revealed that they had become friends through the singles ministry at First Baptist Church of Houston.  I shared with them that my parents had visited us this past weekend, and as we were driving past First Baptist, Mama mentioned that the granddaughter of one of her dear friends had joined that church because of the large, active singles ministry.  They confirmed that 500 singles participate. When Greg asked for the granddaughter's name, I could only remember her last name and where in Houston she grew up.  He immediately provided her first name.  I'm continually amazed at how connected our small world really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment