Thursday, July 21, 2011

Key to Listening

Yesterday afternoon, I answered the phone to a most welcome call in the midst of crazy busy activities, schedules and opportunities.  A very successful business woman greeted me with many messages that were music to my ears:
  • As a follower of my blog, she had used one of my entries successfully for one of her team meetings
  • She reminded me who had introduced us many years ago
  • She connected many of our shared wonderful colleagues
  • She viewed me as someone she'd like as a mentor
She shared a memorable message about listening that her mother had shared with her as a young child - the letters in "listen" and "silent" are the same.  Sometimes a call from the blue is what we need to remind us that we can only truly hear when we eliminate the extraneous noise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment