Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Out with the Old and In with the New

In many cases, more is better.  But, I was vividly reminded that eyesight is best when it's the way Goldilocks expected - just right. 

Though mine are extended wear contacts, I've finally resolved to remove them almost every night, after years of continuous wear.  One recent morning, I opened and inserted a new pair of contacts, but didn't pause to discard the old lenses from my case.  By that evening, rote memory took over and as I removed my lenses, I placed them in the case.  The following morning, I unknowingly inserted two left lenses.  My extremely blurred vision reminded me that I'd failed to discard the old lens when I inserted the new one. 

Life Lessons reinforced are:
  • Finish the job - when the old is no longer needed, deal with it appropriately, but don't let it obstruct the new by default
  • Determine the Goldilocks amount - more is not always better

No comments:

Post a Comment