Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rubber Band (Wo)man

How often we discount the value of staples until they are unavailable.  I've seen so many rubber bands abandoned and tossed into the trash.  As an ultimate recycler this pains me.  I love achieving multiple uses for available resources. 

I actually use very few rubber bands.  Staples and paper clips fulfill most of my needs.  However my rubber band consciousness was heightened when Edgar started a rubber band ball.  His ping pong ball sized starter project has grown to a grapefruit sized bouncer.  It's been fun to contribute to this growing bouncing ball. 

In addition to the satisfaction of knowing that these rubber bands won't be trashed, I've enjoyed another family visual for recycling.  And I love the reality that rubber bands are the ultimate example of stretching without losing our identity.  So another identity I'll readily embrace is rubber band (wo)man.

No comments:

Post a Comment