Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What Time is It?

Technology is great when it works.  It's terribly frustrating when we're depending on it, and there's a glitch.  Last week, as I popped out of bed I noted the time on our radio controlled clock.  Terrific! I had plenty of time to get some things done before my 7:45 breakfast meeting with a non-profit executive and another volunteer.  When I went in to rouse Gar, he consulted his electronic devices and quickly realized it was far later than expected.  Because of the altered daylight savings time calendar, our clock adjusted to the last Saturday in October time change rather than observing the actual change which was to occur a week later. 

No matter how good our tools are, we sometimes need human intervention to determine what time it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment