Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Embrace Change

I've spent the past 5 years of my career with Sterling Bank.  It's an amazing organization with bright, dedicated associates who are all referred to as bankers.  We know that our goal is to help Texans prosper. 

Yesterday, we announced that Comerica is acquiring us.  There seems to be a terrific strategic, geographic and cultural fit in merging the organizations.  The deal still requires shareholder and regulatory approval and is expected to close mid-year, with the transition to the new organization completed by late 2011.

There are always many unknowns when we face a major change, but embracing the possibilities is the best way I've found to help myself and others through the change process.  Though I don't know what I'll be doing professionally this time next year, I know the journey will be exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment