Monday, January 24, 2011

Everthing's Connected Across the Globe

I got a text message yesterday from an unknown number with an odd query.  I rarely text (email and phone calls are my preferred methods of communicating) and thought this might be some scam.  It took a few queries to determine that a dear friend from Houston was using a different number while traveling to Paris and had met someone from my hometown of Batesville, AR. She correctly suspected that we knew one another.  These are the only two people I know who are currently in Paris - and amazingly they met.  I see my Houston friend frequently and had not seen my Batesville connection in many years, though my Dad hunts with her brother and nephews and my Mom is in PEO with her sister-in-law. 

Though years and miles intervene, amazing connections are made every day.

2 comments:

  1. It truly is amazing how two people you know happened to be in the same place, at the same time. And, it is truly astounding that in that very moment, through modern technology, you too were a part of that.

    ReplyDelete