Monday, January 17, 2011

Simple Cardboard Box

I've recycled countless cardboard boxes, but I've kept and used one small cardboard box since at least 1995.  I received an order of contacts in this box at least 17 years ago.  It's the perfect, compact size for storing my lenses.  And it allows me to ink the date that I change my contacts so that I don't have to remember when I opened my latest pair.  The dates have worn on the top left section of the box and the first detectable dates begin in 1995.  The top, bottom and each side of the box are now covered with dates and I've started over on the top left where the dates earlier than 1995 have worn away.  It's an odd chronology of the things I've seen through the years.  There's even one date, larger than the others, in Julia's distinctive childhood writing.

This simple cardboard box is a reminder to me that perfect takes many forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment