Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blank Slate

Yesterday, my Blackberry was wiped clean without the expected recovery option.  Despite multiple attempts on my part, and with the assistance of technical support, my smart phone became quite dumb.  I could only make and receive calls. I was closer to tears than I've been at work in years and years, as I realized that my electronic leash was broken and there was nothing I could do until the next business day.

Though I thrive on being connected and responsive in an email-centric company, I told our market president (my boss) that the only way that I could be reached when out of the office was via cell phone.

It's really hard to accept an unwanted blank slate.  I'm still optimistic that I'll be down for fewer than 24 hours. If not, I'll have to get back to you when I'm in the office.  

No comments:

Post a Comment