Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Finding the Benefit in a Negative Change

I've recently had to make a temporary and gargantuan technological change.  I live by my online calendar, email and contacts.  My office and home systems have been the same for too many years to mention. I was recently converted to an office system that is no longer commonly used.

Though I prefer the platform that we will ultimately migrate (back) to, I've decided to try to make lemonade from this current batch of lemons.

Some positive thoughts I've embraced include:
  • learning something new keeps us on our toes
  • we often ask our associates to embrace change that is as foreign to them as this technology regression is to us
  • readily sharing tips and tools accelerates everyone's learning curve and can improve relationships
  • we don't always appreciate what we have until we lose it
  • I'm resilient
  • there are always multiple ways to accomplish tasks
  • learning occurs at every age and stage

No comments:

Post a Comment