Saturday, March 31, 2012

10 Things I Wish I'd Known at Age 22

  1. What I did in college only got me the chance to compete in business. (I'm starting over!)
  2. Now that I've been recruited and hired, I must prove myself again (and again and again..).
  3. Polite, genteel manners are important.  Make others feel special.
  4. Know the basics - BMW - Bread (left) Meat (Middle) Water (and other beverages - Right)
  5. "Yes mam" and "No sir" are terms of respect for our parents and grandparents and their friends.  We risk making our older co-workers feel old when we address them formally.
  6. Dress for the position you want to command.
  7. Asking for advice is not seen as a weakness, but as a sign of interest.
  8. Volunteering benefits the community and extends my network.
  9. Hierarchy does not necessarily equate to intellect. A good idea can come from anyone.
  10. Everyone I know and meet is a potential friend, client, prospect or referral source.

No comments:

Post a Comment