Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Size 2 or 22

Whether we're a size 2, a size 22 or any other size, fit matters.  Though I'm small, I tried on a top this weekend that was too tight. It immediately made me look like I was overweight. (Thankfully, I am not.)   I've realized that many of us sabotage our best impression by dressing in the size that we wish we were, though that was not my problem.

We all need to be conscious of putting our best selves forward  A big part of that is choosing clothes that complement our size, shape and coloration. 

I've learned that sometimes great bargains are available primarily because they are mis-sized, so I don't hesitate to try on things that are tagged bigger or smaller than I normally wear.  One of my recent favorite finds was a jacket that indicated that it was a size 14, rather than the 4 or 6 that I normally wear. This mis-sized find has generated numerous compliments. (And because I find it so amusing, have not cut the collar size tag from the garment.)

Whether we're a size 2, 22 or anything else, we must be realistic about what we can and can't wear.  But most importantly, we must put our best foot (regardless of size) forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment