Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Many Unexpected Connections

Last week my undergraduate alumni office reached out with the opportunity for a face-to-face visit as they traveled to Houston.  Though our schedules are not compatible, it was great fun to find many unexpected immediate connections:
  • She discovered through my blog that we are both new runners
  • Her great aunt and my parents were long-time friends (her great aunt is now deceased)
  • The incoming Dean of the Business school is someone my company supported at one of his previous institutions
And when I shared the story with Mama this weekend, additional connections emerged:
  • Her great aunt's mother was my next door neighbor through grade school
  • Her great aunt's husband was my first dentist
  • Her great aunt's son is in the orthopedic practice with my Dad's surgeon
It's always fun to find the many ways that everything's connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment