Saturday, September 8, 2012

Our Seemingly Inconsequential Paths

I was once again reminded how wonderfully connected everything is on Friday as I arrived at an event with 1200 attendees.  Though most arriving guests were being directed to the right, hand signals with a distant greeter assured me that entering on the left was perfectly acceptable. 

It quickly became very clear to me why I chose the less promoted path, when a friend who had just extended an invitation the previous day,was the first person to greet me.  My luck continued as I entered an attractive theatre row and was greeted by friends in the row behind and several seats over from my favorite nonprofit.  Moving my seat allowed meaningful, unexpected dialogue.

The only other person I needed to see at the event, was at the door as I exited.

Generally, I visit with numerous people at large events.  However, my only three significant engagements on this occasion were with people with whom I had current business. The chances for me to randomly only encounter these 3 people in a crowd of 1200 gives me one more assurance that everything is connected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment