Saturday, March 12, 2011

Joy of Reading

I love to read!  Always have loved reading!  Vividly remember devouring Nancy Drew mysteries and loved the fact that Mama had also enjoyed these books.  Even during the frantic law school years, I'd make time to read Jeffrey Archer's or John Grisham's newest release.  Much of my reading is business related and I love the continuous learning aspect.  But it's always a joy, to find a great novel. 

I've just finished Peace Like a River by Leif Enger and loved it.  However, I must confess that it was an accidental selection.  This was a novel that Julia left behind.  I took it to the exercise room a couple of years ago.  After reading a few pages, I abandoned the book and inserted business books while exercising.  As luck and fate would have it, this novel found me this week. It is a delightful story of family, faith, love, miracles and loyalty.

Though life is always super busy, I've remembered that finding time to read is one of life's best stress relievers.

No comments:

Post a Comment