Monday, March 7, 2011

Speak My Language

I'm email-centric.  It is a communications channel that has served me well for years.  I resisted texting for far too long because I could not see the difference between text and email messages. I saw it only from my point of view that both messages contain written content.  I benefit most from email messages because I receive them instantaneously at my desk top computer when I'm in the office and simultaneously on my Blackberry when I'm away.  Since I only receive text messages on my Blackberry (and not on my desk top), I miss the texting immediacy that the rest of my family experiences since their iPhones serve as their primary communications devices.  Once I realized that all that really matters is how I can most easily access my loved ones, I embraced texting. 

When we want to be heard by others, we must speak their language.

No comments:

Post a Comment