Wednesday, March 30, 2011

U-Turns in Life

Last night after Gar's winning lacrosse game, I chose to take him to his car at school rather than have him ride the bus back.  As we approached a burger joint that I'd never enjoyed, Gar remarked about how good it was, and asked if I'd been there.  We discussed stopping, but he wavered, partly because it was in such close proximity to the opponent school.  As we passed it, and he continued to remark about the yummy factor, I said that I wished that he'd committed sooner.  With the unencumbered wisdom of a high school student, he mentioned that we had a perfectly good U-Turn ahead. 

Our U-Turn yielded a delicious bison burger and delightful visit.  And the experience reminded me that even if we are on a good path, we may need to consider U-Turns that lead to even better experiences, or at least most enjoyable side trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment