Monday, March 28, 2011

Proximity Matters

Standing in the security line at Hobby Airport this morning, I felt a tap on my shoulder.  A dear friend was just behind me in line.  We were both early for our flights and I got to hear about her fabulous trip to China that she'd recently completed, the trip to Denver for a special conference to share best practices that she was making today, and her daughter's new school record in the pole vault at Texas A&M. 

 
This afternoon, soon after I arrived at the gate for Southwest's 5:00 p.m. flight to Houston, another special friend sat beside me.  Our daughters have been friends since pre-K and our families have been friends forever.  This was the perfect chance to catch up on graduations (3), jobs (5), wedding (1),  half-marathons (2)...


Both of these friends are as busy as I am.  If we'd tried to schedule this priceless time together, we would have had to plan far in advance or face extreme difficulty.
 
But, since everything's connected, we benefited from being in the right place, at the right time, with many friends to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment