Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There's an Apple in My Parking Space

We do some things almost on auto-pilot - including our morning travel to work.  Sometimes it takes an unexpected occurrence to make us look at our surroundings with fresh eyes.  Two recent parking lot incidents reminded me that when we're hyper-observant, we can find interesting oddities even on our daily treks.  There are only 10 occupied reserved parking spaces in my area of the structured parking garage at work.  A couple of weeks ago, as I pulled into my space, I noticed a beautiful red apple at the front of my space.  With so little traffic in this area, the only logical explanation is that someone from a higher floor dropped it when entering their vehicle.  This misplaced apple stayed in place for several days before a maintenance worker removed it, reminding me daily to look for the unexpected. 

A few days later, a co-worker was helping me load things into my car.  While waiting, she had the chance to survey the parking lot and asked if I knew why the numbered spaces skipped 3.  Since I park in #7, the only other spaces I'd paid attention to were #s 6 and 8.  It's still a mystery why there's no space #3.

These unrelated parking lot incidents reminded me to look for the unexpected and to see what is actually presented rather than assume things are as expected.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. It would definitely be surprising to find an apple in your parking space. I think I should start looking out for unexpected things when I park at my office every day. It seems my morning travels are all too common. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. kit cancello automatico 2 ante

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. sistemi scorrevoli per vetrine

    ReplyDelete