Friday, April 8, 2011

Time to Seek an Expert

I am privileged to drive a wonderful automobile and have maintained it perfectly.  Recently the car stopped at a stoplight and it took several moments to restart it.  It ran perfectly, with no diagnostic message of a problem, so I assumed all was well and this was just a fluke.  Several days later, it happened again, and the "check engine" warning lit.  It was too late to call my service advisor that evening. When I started the car the next day, the diagnostics were all clear.  Whew!  I didn't really have time to deal with the problem that day.  My trip went well, but soon after I exited the airport parking garage my third incident occurred.  Yes, it was time to seek an expert.  The experts discovered that a sensor had failed and had to be replaced.

We often try to self-diagnose health, relationship or work issues. A significant dose of self diagnostics is laudable, instructive and productive.  But, when we keep getting warning signs that we can't eliminate, it's time to seek an expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment