Saturday, September 19, 2009

Everday as a Parent is Golden!

We get so caught up in our daily personal and business expectations that we sometimes forget to celebrate important family ocurrences that aren't major family celebrations. We intellectually accept the fact that our job as parents is to prepare our wonderful, precious children to be ethical, productive, and highly functioning members of society. Our heartstrings intrude, and we often fall victim to the reality that distance is the pits. My head knows that this is the best school for my precious angel, but my heart wishes that a perfect alternative existed far closer to home.

For those whose children are still in infancy or toddlers, cherish the moments! The days turn into weeks, months and years. I'm stunned by how quickly my angels have progressed from precious infants, to charming toddlers, to angelic lower schoolers, to questioning middle schoolers, to amazing upper schoolers and college students.

I've loved each stage and phase of my amazing children's incredible development! I've always hated to hear anyone say that they can't wait until their child "....". Those parents are missing magic moments everyday.

Thank you, Julia and Gar for bringing me incredible joy each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment