Friday, September 25, 2009

Timing

This week has been another crazy juggling act. I'd put a notation on my calendar for an event that I'd like to attend, even though I knew the possibility was very iffy. How glad I am that I kept that visual reminder to alert me to an option that I would otherwise have missed. When, at the last minute, I decided that I could make it, I called to see if space was still available, grabbed my purse and headed to a remarkable event.

Participating was energizing in so many ways - great content, connecting with interesting colleagues, discovering two opportunities to build our business, meeting face to face someone I'd interacted with on the phone and via email, and the chance to encourage a friend who was having a very down day.

This was another vivid reminder to me of the value of keeping optional appointments tentatively available on my Outlook Calendar to capture special opportunities when schedules change.

Timing matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment