Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gifts that Keep on Giving

My daughter and son both chose most thoughtful Christmas gifts that I love and that keep on giving. Julia introduced me to micro-lending with a Kiva gift certificate and Gar found a calendar with 365 Sudoku puzzles. Micro-lending is good for my heart and Sudoku's good for my mind.

For $25 per entrepreneur, you, too, can become a micro-lender at www.kiva.org. As my entrepreneurs repay, I reloan the funds, but this is certainly not a requirement. All of my entrepreneurs are repaying or have repaid their loans. They are from Philippines, Peru, Nigeria, Ghana, Bolivia, Mexico and Nicaragua.

And if you haven't yet tried Sudoku, free online games are available. I suggest printing v. trying to solve online. I just Googled "Sudoku" and 5.37 million entries were found.

Thank you again, Julia and Gar! Hope others can gain as much enjoyment as I have from two very different gifts that keep on giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment