Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fog

So often when I'm driving, I am thrilled to notice the many shades of green that our subtropical climate provides year-round.  And it's delightful to see seasonal blooms throughout the year.  Our normally sunny clime highlights so many lovely attributes.

On my way to church on Sunday, uncharacteristically heavy fog blanketed my trek.  Rice Boulevard's marvelous canopy of trees provided a special tunnel leading me to my destination.

We usually think of fog negatively.  When we're in a fog, we're not thinking as clearly as we'd hope.  Fog can cause countless transportation delays.

However, today's fog made me appreciate anew the fabulous canopy of trees surrounding Rice University.  Thank you, Grandfather Lovett, for your enduring vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment