Saturday, January 16, 2010

Kaleidoscope

I've been fascinated with kaleidoscopes for as long as I can remember.  I love the constant change of colors and patterns.  And I love the way that varying amounts of light changes the intensity of the colors' shades.  Our church has a magnificent round stained glass window above the alter.  It's always beautiful, but when the sun is shining brightly, the vibrant colors intensify.  When you stare long enough, the images blur and this work of art becomes  an enormous, spectacular kaleidoscope.  This secondary beauty is probably nothing that the artist ever anticipated.  Beauty truly is defined by the beholder.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela,
    This is a lovely post..
    We'd love for you to submit your content to our blog:

    ART:KALEIDOSCOPE
    kaleidoscopestudios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I loved seeing the beautiful kaleidoscopes you have featured.

    ReplyDelete