Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Warmth Within

Houston's unseasonably cold temperatures are raising heating challenges around the city.  Three distinct challenges surfaced in my environs.

The heating system in my office wasn't working properly on Friday.  It's hard to send an email when you're wearing gloves.  On Saturday morning, the sound of a blown transformer got me out of my warm bed to investigate.  The repairs were made quickly and our neighborhood's power was restored within an hour and a half.  On Sunday, everyone at church was wearing coats during the entire service.  The HVAC system is being replaced and there was no heat in the sanctuary.

In each case, warm attitudinal accommodations for the inconveniences transformed chilly physical conditions. Guess I needed three chances to remember that how we respond to a situation makes an enormous difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment