Monday, March 1, 2010

Most Hated Chores

Today I wish I had a research project to define the household chores that we like least.  I thought I'd find many top 10 lists, and didn't.  My informal searches yielded these 18 chores (in random order) that most people rate among their least favorites:
  • Cooking
  • Vacuuming
  • Dusting
  • Window
  • Kitchen Appliances and Counters
  • Mopping
  • Dishes
  • Garbage
  • Toilets, sinks, showers, tubs
  • Laundry
  • Mowing and Maintaining Lawn
  • Washing Car
  • Making the Bed
  • Household paperwork/shredding/recycling
  • Shopping for groceries/supplies
  • Ironing
  • Pet chores
  • Baseboards
We all have household chores. Which are the chores that give you the greatest satisfaction or the ones that you dislike most? 

Which are essential? For me, making the bed sets a positive tone for the day.  It acknowledges a night's rest and sets the stage for a well organized day ahead.  Regardless of the chores I have done and undone at the end of the day, I know that the day began with best intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment