Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthday Puzzles



I thought I'd do something different to celebrate Gar's birthday. I was pretty excited when I created a personalized word search puzzle for him. I started with a blank 13x13 paper grid, adding words until the puzzle was complete. Surprise! There are word search creators. Enter the words and presto, a professionally formatted puzzle emerges.

The puzzles both contain the same hidden words, but are completely different in size, letter arrangement and appearance. I began with a goal and later found tools to improve the presentation. Had I begun with the tool, the words would have been different, as I wouldn't have been constrained by fit. Though this one is more aesthetically pleasing, precious Gar was most appreciative of the one I manually created.

In trying to creatively express love and appreciation, I was reminded once again that different approaches to a project yield different solutions. And, I was reminded that heart-felt hand-made creations with their unique peculiarities are valued by the recipients.

1 comment:

  1. Super mom strikes again! What a wonderful reminder that we are most touched, and most remember when people put forth that extra effort.

    ReplyDelete