Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Joy of Friendships Refreshed

One of the joys of growing up in a small town is developing friendships that last a lifetime. Visiting my parents in my hometown is always delightful. The visits are enhanced by the chance to refresh childhood friendships. Attending a lovely party this weekend, I was thrilled to reconnect with so many old friends. I see some of these wonderful folks each time I visit my parents. Others I haven't seen in many years. The joy of shared experiences comes flooding back as we share our current life happenings.

Not everyone can visit a childhood hometown. But we can all reconnect with friends who have helped shape our lives.

Email, Facebook and LinkedIn allow us to reconnect without regard to distance, location or time zone. The memories come alive as friends separated by time, circumstance and geography reunite.

Friendships enhance our lives. I'm thankful for friends near and far and the many ways to keep our friendships fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment