Friday, July 3, 2009

Random Tips that Have Improved My Life

I maintain an attitude of gratitude and it's always a treasure when I discover a tip that makes my life better or easier. I share a few random tips:

Reusable water bottles - Yes, JuJu, I am reducing my carbon footprint, but I'm also drinking more water. I put one in the dishwasher each evening and fill one each morning as I head to work. Great poolside, too!

Lip moisturizer re-purposed: Gar's lip balm didn't make it through the washer in any condition for him to apply it. However, it's a great cuticle moisturizer and you can scoop it out as needed.

Audio-Tech Business Book Summaries: This is a subscription well worth the $149 per year price tag. I look forward to receiving 2 business book summaries (text and audio) each month. Great value and learning!

Towel drying hair before applying conditioner: Why didn't anyone ever tell me before that getting a bit of moisture out of your hair before applying conditioner makes a remarkable difference in the amount of conditioner that is actually absorbed? Just takes a couple of seconds to squeeze the excess moisture from your hair, apply conditioner, continue with your shower, then rinse the conditioner. This keeps the conditioner from sliding off soaking wet hair.

Calcium with Vitamin D can reverse bone loss! When my wonderful OB/GYN delivered the news that I needed to address my bone loss, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Thankfully, taking calcium +D every day, increased my bone density the first year, and has provided status quo going forward. Yes! It's great to change my bone health without drugs!

Sudoku - Thank you, Anne for providing a daily opportunity to solve a puzzle!

Hammock! No explanation needed!

Mapquest/Televav - Thankfully I am the only directionally challenged person in my family. These tools were made for me!

Keyless Entry - What difference could a few seconds make? Multiply those seconds by each time you enter your car. Not having to dig in my purse for keys is priceless!

List of Things to Take on a Trip - Years ago I prepared a list of items to pack. What a time and stress saver this has been. My only omission in recent years was a toothbrush... This one time I packed days ahead and sent my bags with family... Easy enough to correct!

Methodist Hospital Breast Center Satellite - I asked a few less than a million questions to determine that Methodist's satellite location at Kirby and the Southwest Freeway had the same radiologists, equipment and access to my years of records. Assured by my trusted physician, multiple nurses and everyone involved with scheduling, I had my first mammogram outside the Med Center. The facility is great, access to records is instanteous and the radiologists actually take time to meet you!

WWW.HCAD.ORG - ifile is the most time efficient government tool I've ever accessed. When a disparity exists between appraised value and market value, you can easily file a protest. My experience was amazing! From the time I filed, received and accepted a fair settlement offer was only 4 days!

Random Number Generator - Thank you Amy! If you need to easily find winners among eligible participants, this is the tool for you! In Excel use the formula =randbetween(bottom,top).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam,
    Saw mention of your blog on LinkedIn. Thanks for sharing these tips!
    Jessica Johns Pool

    (and new author of www.healthyhoustonkids.com)

    ReplyDelete