Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'd Love to Be Invited For...

Some of us obsess about invitations. The least favorite part of my job is trying to find willing participants for worthwhile, but perhaps misunderstood, charity events.

We always want everyone to feel special. And we never want anyone to feel that they've been excluded. Further, we don't want anyone to feel merely obligated to accept an invitation. How awesome would it be if we could candidly express our interests?

An employee might say, I'd love to represent us at events for ..., but really don't enjoy/appreciate events for... and am generally available on ... from... to ...

A customer might say, I love being included, but really have an interest in..., or I would be there in an instant if I didn't have a conflict, or am delighted that Sterling is engaged in the community, but I choose not to participate in after-hours events.

Personally, I love dinner parties, galas, debutante balls, dinner dances, luncheons, plays and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment