Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pruning

I'd already made a mental note to replace the sad plant in my bathroom.  It had brightened the room for many months.  Suddenly all I seemed to see were the pervasive brown fronds.  Though I wasn't extremely hopeful, I started removing the dead leaves.  Once the pruning was complete, the plant was once again attractive and vibrant.  With a little careful attention the plant that was about to be replaced once again had a bright future.  

We can personally and organizationally begin to resemble the unattractive plant unless we remain vigilant in pruning bad habits and eliminating things that no longer work.  Unless we pay careful attention to details we are at risk of becoming obsolete.  Even when things start to decline, transformative make-overs can bring renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment