Friday, October 16, 2009

Highs and Lows of an October Day

I woke up early, knowing that I had a flight at 8:00 a.m. This was a day where everything needed to go smoothly and every minute counted.

Before I left the house:
Our precious son needed multiple wake-up options
Our 14-year old cat had an unfortunate encounter with a raccoon
A shower unexplainedly overflowed into the living room

On the road:
All was going 100% perfectly, until the traffic stopped. Thankfully, it was a temporary slow-down due to an 18-wheeler blow-out and residual impacts.

At the airport:
Looks like the economy is improving, due to my visual assessment of the number of early morning travelers compared to 4 months ago. Fewer screening positions open. A number of occasional travelers who don't know the drill. Made the flight! Spotted one of our dear nephews on the flight!

When I Landed in Dallas:
Urgent message to call our CPA about questions for our 10/15 return. Walked Edgar through the location of the missing data before the event began.

Our Sterling Bank Women's Business Initiative event:
Spectacular!

When I Landed at Home:
Got the tax news from Edgar and said I'd forego the community partner celebration. Glad that I heeded his advice and arrived to congratulate my friends.

At home:
Processed all the tax returns. Edgar dressed, then sent the tax returns while I dressed for our Black Tie Dinner Dance.

Dinner Dance:
Small world continues to evolve as I discover that the dinner guest I'm seated by and I have both sequentially hired the same incredible associate.

What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment