Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Inspiration

Who inspires you? I had the chance to visit today with a dear friend who is beating cancer. I'm the ultimate optimist, so I categorize him as beating cancer, though he still has 1 more chemo treatment and 6 radiation treatments ahead. I can't wait for his doctors to validate his survivor assessment. I saw it in his eyes. His attitude is far better than so many of my colleagues who are dealing with far less serious issues. Though we think that we need to encourage our friends who are suffering, fighting, surviving - it is often those friends who demonstrate a life filled with courage, optimism and thriving. We do need to encourage, support and listen to our friends, regardless of the challenges that they are facing. And, we need to listen for the inspiration we receive from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment