Friday, October 23, 2009

Who Says These Events are Special?

We can get so engrossed in our own experiences that we don't realize that everyone else doesn't view special occasions the same way we do. It was helpful for me to view a pending ball from two different perspectives.

My view:
Exclusive event
Awesome once in a lifetime experience for the honorees
Fabulous party
Great band
Exquisitely decorated venue
Fun people (friends and chance to meet new ones)
Yummy food
Super friending
What we do!

Another perspective:
Don't like big events
Dressing up isn't my thing
Crowds are stressful
What would I wear?
Strangers aren't friends unmet; they are strangers
I'm out of my element
I congratulate you, but don't want to be at a formal event

Similar differences in perspective will exist when parties are not equally interested in a particular sport, music, drama, film, festival or cause.
May we all find the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and once-in-a-lifetime events that help us soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment