Saturday, October 3, 2009

Traveling at the Speed of Life

Most of us cannot comprehend traveling at the speed of light. Traveling at the speed of life is fast enough! Years ago, I asked my precious children if time seemed to be speeding by just because I was getting older. They wisely answered (and I far preferred their observation) that days were speeding by because we were so busy.

When I was a child extensive scheduling didn't begin until kindergarten. And it was very reasonable. There wasn't the constant barrage of birthday parties, play dates and extra-curricular activities.

When my first child was born, I felt that I was already late for my first appointment. I didn't call her special pre-school from the hospital. Thankfully, she got in, despite my tardiness.

My children's activities in pre-school were more prevalent and varied than my junior high opportunities. This was my first example that life had accelerated.

When 24x7x365 connectedness is added to the equation, we quickly realize that we'd all get a speeding ticket if our journey was conducted on any public thoroughfare.

Thankfully, traveling at the speed of life is not a traffic violation.

No comments:

Post a Comment